Just because I'm quiet........... doesn't mean I don't have a lot to say

zaterdag 17 oktober 2020

Why me?

 If you have to ask Why me?
When you’re feeling really blue,
When the world has turned against you
And you don’t know what to do,
When it pours colossal raindrops,
And the road’s a winding mess,
And you’re feeling more confused
Than you ever could express,

When the saddened sun won’t shine,
When the stars will not align,
When you’d rather be
Inside your bed,
The covers pulled
Above your head,
When life is something
That you dread,
And you have to ask Why me? . . .

Then when the world seems right and true,
When rain has left a gentle dew,
When you feel happy being you,
Please ask yourself, Why me? then, too.

 

Een gedicht uit een bundel van Barbara Vance.
De bundel heet: ‘Suzie Bitner Was Afraid of the Drain’ en bevat kindergedichten.

Maar dit gedicht sprak me wel aan, ook voor ‘grote mensen’.
Die vragen zich ook zo vaak af: ‘waarom moet mij dit overkomen?’

Ze geeft hierin geen antwoord op die vraag, dat kan niemand, maar in de laatste strofe wrijft ze het je in om je dat ook eens af te vragen wanneer alles voor de wind gaat.
Waarom overkomt mij dit?
Het helpt met relativeren en om dankbaar te zijn.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten